COMSEC Technical Data Control Specialist
San Antonio, TX United States
- Support COMSEC technical data control.
- Convert technical data into soft copies and properly store/manage within the secure technical data library for future use.
- Use custom internal standalone secure networks designed to store all technical data.
- General use experience with standard scanning equipment is desired. Examples of scanning equipment are ColorTrac, SmartLF SC25, Canon Image Formal DR-605, and Konica Minoia SL1000.
- Update logs, databases, and provide general documentation support, to include but not limited, to storage preparation, generation, and tracking of sensitive documents.
- Work includes, but not limited to:
Identify and purge outdated hard copy materials, ie, manuals, regulations, no longer required
• Properly destroy all duplicate copies of manuals and ref materials
• Digitally scan books, binders, manuals, ref materials; catalog and organize these documents into the library database
• Shred all documents that have been scanned
• Upload CD's to library database for reference and sustainment of Space COMSEC products
• Arrange for destruction of CD's once they have been uploaded to database
• Scan and convert micro-fiche files into digital for filing into database
• Scan and convert all oversized schematics, drawings etc. into digital files for filing to database
- 3+ years’ experience and knowledge of Technical Data storage, control, handling, and disposal procedures.
- Experience with scanning equipment used to archive and store sensitive data.
Required licenses or Certifications
- TS/SCI clearance required with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within the last 5 years
- An additional background check will also be required prior to receiving access to a space COMSEC facility
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision- making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.