IT Service Desk Analyst
In support of this position, the IT Service Desk Analyst will support the US Army Enterprise Service Desk in Fort Huachuca, AZ.
• Serve as the initial point of contact and will gather and analyze information about the user’s issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem.
• Provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
• Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer’s computer.
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Previous computer technical support
• Understanding of MS Office and other standard software.
• Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of Service Desk software and hardware technologies.
• Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Telephone and listening skills.
• Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer’s issues.
• Time Management skills.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience with Service Desk/Helpdesk environment
•1-2 years’ experience in technical support
Required/Preferred licenses or certifications - must be able to provide proof of certifications
•CompTIA Security+ or A+ Certification required
•Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certificate preferred
•Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
•Possess and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
•Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations
•Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
•Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups ofmanagers, clients, customers, and the public
•Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables insituations where only limited standardization exists.
•Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, orschedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
•Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in groupproblem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
•Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training anddevelopment opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Sharesexpertise with others.
•Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Respondspromptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds torequests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
•Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity andopenness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building apositive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale andgroup commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.