General Housekeeping Aide/Animal Handler
Osi Vision is currently seeking a combined General Housekeeping Aide/Animal Handler to support the Military Working Dog Hospital at JBSA-Lackland.
Summary of Duties
This position requires a general to advanced knowledge of Housekeeping and Janitorial services. Service will be performed in office and animal husbandry areas and will include office space, common walk areas, lobbies, restrooms, locker rooms, clinical laboratories and kennels and associated equipment. General duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Sweep, mop and vacuum all flooring throughout facilities
- Spot clean spills and stains as necessary
- Associated cleaning methods for maintaining restrooms and locker room areas
- Replace all consumable items; hand soaps/toilette paper/ paper towels / etc.
- Empty Trash and collect recyclable materials throughout facility
- Strip, wax and maintain all composite flooring
- Dust and clean vertical and horizontal surfaces up to 10ft. (includes light fixtures)
- Clean and maintain all surfaces located in common areas, clinical laboratories, office areas and animal husbandry/kennel areas
- Window cleaning
- Responsible for storage and collection of all linen items
- Maintain exterior facility; Trash pickup, clean table surfaces, pressure wash/ rinse specified areas
- Clean and disinfect kennel areas
- Clean and remove animal feces/urine as needed throughout facility
- Support collection and storage of Regulated Medical Waste
Experience and Knowledge:
- Extensive organizational skills
- Ability to focus and give great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, adapt to change, and balance multiple parallel actions.
Education, Skills and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will require Animal Care and Handling certification or Canine Caretakers Course (employer paid)
- Will require Basic Life Support training and certification (employer paid)
- Will require Immunizations and Medical testing prior to start date (employer paid)